Copywriting and Conversion Coaching MMG V2 Now Open!

Thread: Looking to promote local musicians, any insider tips?

FUB Member
    Thanks

Looking to promote local musicians, any insider tips?

Hey all, I've done a lot of different promotions in the past, but I've never really marketed local musicians before, so I'm looking to outsource some ideas and see if anyone has any tips from experience with bands?

I have a few ways I'll always promote, but marketing this type of "product" will take a certain finesse and know-how. Let me know if you have any experience or ideas, any help is appreciated!

I've been looking around and brainstorming ideas, and came across a nice little outline for marketing music online, which was pretty cool, but I'll need to build onto ideas like that to really help these musicians out.

I'll keep looking…

Have a look at this online music marketing guide to see what I'm looking for.

2. Copywriting and Conversion Coaching MMG V2 Now Open!
    FUB Member
    Thanks
    I'd use the magnetic marketing approach.

Gather testimonials and send a 3 step letter campaign to every local place which allows live music.
    Take Massive Action - Everything else is an excuse...

FUB Member
    Thanks
    Marketing music online is quite a bit different than booking bands into local venues. There is some overlap. The best is to use the website as an online hub to send fans to and bookers of bands.

Forget about sending letters. (unless it's ridiculously outrageous with a super compelling offer)

What you need to get through to these people (because they are inundated with many artists and agents)

is face-to-face contact, with unrelenting continuous spaced followup via the phone.

I would use a hard press kit, NOT a digital media kit.

Keep in mind the people booking these venues don't care about the music.

They care about you having a big base of fans and doing the promotional work to bring people into their venue...\

so they can make money.

The best tactic is street marketing...particulary handing out sample CDs of your music the day of the gig.

FUB Member
    Thanks
    Have you tried recording the local musicians you are promoting and upload the videos on famous social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and even in Youtube and other video uploading sites? With these sites' number of audience, there's a chance that these local musicians may attract attention. Like the singers who have been discovered in Youtube, if you're promoting musicians that have unique singing talent, I'm sure a percentage of the audience will no doubt enjoy playing the videos.

FUB Member
    Thanks
    try to promote your local musican to coffee or restauran where have music venues and try to apply any contest

FUB Member
    Thanks
    I suggest creating a Facebook page and targeting local audience. There is a great possibility reaching the right people this way. Advertise in local newspaper, local music magazines and guides. Classifieds are also worth considering.

FUB Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cwvps View Post
    I suggest creating a Facebook page and targeting local audience. There is a great possibility reaching the right people this way. Advertise in local newspaper, local music magazines and guides. Classifieds are also worth considering.
    Facebook maybe. But advertising is not the answer. The best way to pretest in your local market, to get better gigs, is by building a bigger fan base. The best way to do that is through a grass roots approach utilizing a street marketing team of volunteers to spread the word by giving out free sample CDs. This is a well-known, proven strategy by those in the music industry.

New FUB Member
    Thanks
    There's always some local festivities, events... Approaching those who in charge to get some gig will make a news splash. Some local radios can be also approached.

New FUB Member
    Thanks
    Every band needs a good logo. I love Beatles and as any other fan I’m searching for any additional information. Just found this source about their logo - http://1000logos.net/beatles-logo/. I wanted to find out what is wrong with the letter T and what is the message that it stands out among others. Finally did it!