Copywriting and Conversion Coaching MMG V2 Now Open!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you manage your time ?

Thanks
    Well said Demetrius!!!
    Also we - people who spend a lot of time in front of a computer - have this tendency of multitasking. Wich I think is the biggest killer of our time. Usually we spend a lot of time doing small things that could be done later or that are not very important.

I try to focus on doing things that will bring me closer to my goal. For example, I'm working on a website, i'm doing everything (copy, design, programming, traffic , SEO) so my goal is to finish as soon as possible this website.

If I spend to much time on lets say "Facebook" or checking email or gaming or chatting with friends it would take me forever to complete my website. So like Demetrius said you (and I) have to developpe the ability to say NO and focus on what's important.

Have a nice one!
    Implement What You Learn

2. Copywriting and Conversion Coaching MMG V2 Now Open!
    FUB Member
    Thanks
    teh action machine 3.0 enjoy guys ..

Code:
    http://www.theactionmachine.com/download/thankyou110524.htm
    Last edited by Enzo; 09-21-2014 at 10:22 AM.

FUB Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    teh action machine 3.0 enjoy guys ..

Code:
    http://www.theactionmachine.com/download/thankyou110524.htm
    I use this sometimes. I find the "linking" function useful.
    Last edited by Enzo; 09-21-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks
    I felt compelled to post to this thread.

I'm sure many here know that we can't manage time. Time Flows. That's it.

But we can manage ourselves, our thinking patterns, our feeling patterns, our behaving patterns.

We have a limited time on the material plane. ~100-130 years. ~150 years, if you're ULTRA HARDCORE!

What's the 'vertical project' for Life? What's the Supreme Vision of Life? What's the Life Plan? (make a current year ---> 130 life plan, with chapters, each chapter having 10 years - put goals there!)

Why are we here? Why do we exist?

As a quickie, I'll add that we must develop crystal-clear-intuitive-objective-pragmatic thinking. This is an absolute must.
    We also must develop ultra-hyper-willpower. Spartan-ish-er willpower. The power of will. The focus muscles. The power of concentration!

We must create a financial asset that generate 10-20k$ / month and requires <5 hours / maintenance / week so we're FREE to do the Magnum Opus, the true purpose of appearing on the physical plane on the first place. Also, having a net worth of 1-5 million dollars to be free from stress and have absolute financial independence!

Auto-discipline, using will-power to install new habits, learning from masters (synthetizers of information, like Tony Robbins, Eben Pagan, Brian Tracy etc.).........

I suggest you get into polyphasic sleep. Sleeping 2 hours / day and being awake / aware / alert 22 hours. Steve Pavlina has a nice series of articles on this topic.

Also, develop Lucid Dreaming capabilities. Why? we sleep 30% of life, it's best if we become aware in dreams to 'save time'. In dreams, you can practice abilities, you can learn, you can do literally A N Y T H I N G !!!

Back to polyphasic sleep. Many people sleep 30% of their life. in 90 years that's 30 years slept. These people aren't aware in dream and also not aware in real life - like unconscious 'zombies'. Furthermore, with monophasic sleep (8 hours straight) it's hard to keep energy levels high the remaining 16 hours but with polyphasic you sleep 15 minutes and then be aware/alert/awake for 3h 45', with energy level always high.

( 15' nap + 3h 45' ) * 6 - steve pavlina did this for 5.5 months
    ( 30' nap + 5h 30') * 4 - benjamin franklin did this for a few years

Then, you can become lucid / aware while having the quick REM-sleep dream.

What does this mean? this means AWARE 24/7, with full MEMORY and SELF-REMEMBERING of WHO YOU ARE (an immortal spirit inhabiting a body, with a mind as a tool and emotions as messengers). Very few people in the material plane are doing this. If I'm to give a percentage, <0,0000000001% / Terra...

Imagine how much time you can SAVE if you do polyphasic sleep + lucid dreaming + having ultra will power and objective-pragmatic thinking... Just imagine! more life in your years, more years in your life.

Ken Wilber did awake 24/7 for a few days, even in deep delta/gamma sleep.
    http://goo.gl/q6FZWw - This is it! The Most Complete Human of System Development in the History of Terra. You can get this product for only $30-50! Join now the ~20 Group Insiders participants to the group buy but hurry! The product is $777 'til April, 28 (+fees = $1000) but after May, 1st it will cost $1997 (and with the fees probably $2500. Get it now!

FUB Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sanitos View Post
    Wake Up Productive is by far the best program on Time Management and Productivity that I have come across.

The 60-60-30 technique alone will increase your productivity many fold. A lot more done in a lot less time....all done with a lot less stress.
    I use that technique from time to time and can absolutely second that.

FUB Member
    Thanks
    There is an app called "Toggl" that you can use to easily track time spent on activities.

One thought regarding lengthy morning rituals: For most people their most productive and creative time is in the morning after they get up (after a good night's sleep). Wouldn't it increase your productivity a lot if you would get to your most important tasks that require the most creativity as soon as possible and stay with it for a long uninterrupted block of time? actionow, if I look at your schedule you are probably wasting valuable brainpower on things that do not require a lot of resources. You can do affirmations in the evening before bed too but generally no creative work. You will find that you can focus much longer on a task if you start on it early in the day because your self-control reserves are still fresh.

I suggest you get into polyphasic sleep. Sleeping 2 hours / day and being awake / aware / alert 22 hours.
    This is actually the Uberman sleep cycle and is the hardest polyphasic sleep cycle out there. I've tried this once and it is hardcore to adapt to it. I failed miserably. Want to try to go poly again some time but start gradually with the easier sleep cycles first.

Have you tried polyphasic sleep yourself? You rave about it in a lengthy post but there are a lot of drawback to it too.
    Last edited by luther88; 06-09-2014 at 04:16 AM.

FUB Member
    Thanks
    You can't ultimately manage your time. It goes by at the same rate for everyone. You can only manage your energy and your emotional state, which often determine HOW you spend your time.

Covey's book First Things First is good, but all you really need from it is the 4 quadrants and the explanations.

I've been through many time management courses. The best IMHO is Eben Pagan's WAke Up Productive. There's also so gems from Tony Robbins RPM system, but I personally wouldn't use the whole system because it's overly complex. But the stuff about chunking tasks for example is profound.
    Last edited by tjackson; 06-09-2014 at 11:36 AM.

FUB Member
    Thanks
    Must read article - 4 easy time management tips for marketing managers
    Code:
    https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140701204922-53747955-4-easy-time-management-tips-for-marketing-managers
    Im sure you will enjoy reading the article as much as i did
    Last edited by Enzo; 09-21-2014 at 10:19 AM.

FUB Member
    Thanks
    Being able to successfully manage time can be hard at times, especially for those working at home. I appreciate all the tips here and I may try incorporating a few of them. I have a part-time online job and managing my time isn't always successful. I don't use any software though but I do read books to help me improve my productivity.

Thanks
    After trying many softwares (none of them work they way they pitch you) i have found this method works best to same & use time in most productive way.

- Find & accept your current situation
    - Write down your life goal in different ares (money, health, success, family etc.)
    - Create a life plan
    - Create a year plan
    - Create a month plan
    - Create a week plan
    - Note down the activities ON PAPER WITH YOUR HAND (works far far far better compared to any desktop or mobile app on this planet)
    - Take hourly, daily & weekly action
    - Always ask yourself, what you are doing right now - is it going to contribute anything in your life goal? Is it worth my time?
    - If the answer is NO, then immediately stop doing that shit
    - Always remember the mistakes you have done in past, i am not being negative but you want to make sure you don't make the same mistakes in future as well
    - Learn from the experts & avoid the mistakes they have done, it's a short cut
    - Use Pomodoro Timer: 40 + 5 ( Work + Break )

I have almost doubled my income in last 2 years doing these things.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freehunk4you For This Useful Post:

luther88 (11-06-2014), nathmobile (11-06-2014)

FUB Member
    Thanks
    I mostly just use my Erin Condren planner but I also have Chrome extensions which help remind me of stuff I have to do.

FUB Member
    Thanks
    I do have the list of my priorities for the day. I usually check them everyday in my planner and pick what must be done for the day. So far, everything have been working good on me.

FUB Member
    Thanks
    I simply manage my time based on my priorities for the day.

FUB Member
    Thanks
    i make sure that i complete the important tasks first and i make sure i don't spend too much time browsing my social media accounts.
    http://www.creativitypost.com/create...k_productivity

FUB Member
    Thanks
    • Know your goals. Make sure you're engaging in activities that support your business goals, both short- and long-term. ...
    • Prioritize wisely. ...
    • Just say no. ...
    • Plan ahead. ...
    • Eliminate distractions. ...
    • Delegate more often. ...
    • Take care of yourself.

FUB Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine Lawson View Post
    • Know your goals. Make sure you're engaging in activities that support your business goals, both short- and long-term. ...
    • Prioritize wisely. ...
    • Just say no. ...
    • Plan ahead. ...
    • Eliminate distractions. ...
    • Delegate more often. ...
    • Take care of yourself.
    I agree with your suggestions. But to be honest, I have a hard time with saying no.

New FUB Member
    Thanks
    Prioritize stuff and get anything that can be done in under 20' done immediately

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12