Donor Membership
Board related questions. Staff directed questions . Don't PM the Staff, ask your questions here GBs questions, problems and updates FUB Donor Membership Access, FTP access for FUB members, Business Product Materials

Thread: Dale carnegie death- Natural or sucide

Thanks

Dale carnegie death- Natural or sucide

Recently I heard my professor said that dale Carnegie has committed suicide. I was shocked after i listened the info. I did some search on Google but no body could confirm how he actually died. Some say it was due to some disease and some say it is suicide.

Does any one know how he has died?

Thanks

Re: Dale carnegie death- Natural or sucide

That is interesting... that is the first time that I heard that there was a debate involving suicide. A little investigating would be in order.

FUB Member
    Thanks

Hi

This rumour got started somewhere and I've heard a few variations on a theme one being that he lept from a building to his death.

He actually died from Hodgkins lymphoma in 1955.

I guess there would be something ironic about the author of How To Make Friends and Influence People committing suicide. The fact is that he just didn't.

Thanks

I read How to Win Friends and Influence people when I was 15 years old and it has helped me deal with people all my life. I think Dale was too into life to ever want to take his. I read the book at least once a year. Dale's a great guy!

Thanks

If it came out the mouth of a lecturer it is more often than not a load of crap. I had a lecturer tell 120 students that hypnosis is a con, shortly before introducing me as a guest speaker on hypnosis.

My retaliation was to shock induce him and glue his damn feet to the ground.

The most important thing to learn in class is to question everything and it looks like you are doing so

Dale was indeed pro-life and the only reason I could imagine suicide would ever come into play is due to extreme illness.

Pull your professor aside and ask for more information.

Eitherway, look at the good done by Dale and appreciate it at that level. His training has changed thousands if not millions.

Thanks

i also heard this from friend and i was in shock too ( my be that because he did not understand people manipulation :yup: well enough )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by powercrt View Post
    If it came out the mouth of a lecturer it is more often than not a load of crap. I had a lecturer tell 120 students that hypnosis is a con, shortly before introducing me as a guest speaker on hypnosis.

My retaliation was to shock induce him and glue his damn feet to the ground.

The most important thing to learn in class is to question everything and it looks like you are doing so

Dale was indeed pro-life and the only reason I could imagine suicide would ever come into play is due to extreme illness.

Pull your professor aside and ask for more information.

Eitherway, look at the good done by Dale and appreciate it at that level. His training has changed thousands if not millions.
    I didn't accept it myself when he told me. So I searched in google for the answer. The search results are not conclusive. but i believe his death was due to illness. He is one of the best authors

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sambank View Post
    i also heard this from friend and i was in shock too ( my be that because he did not understand people manipulation :yup: well enough )
    I sometimes wonder how this rumors get started and spread. Death of a person is not a small thing to be believed by everyone just listening to someone

Thanks

I also heard somewhere of this....i beleive it's quite possible that he did so, but who knows.......nevertheless an impressive author!!!

I love Feedurbrain :-)
    Thanks

Great topic here, I found a nice post on this thing on another forum, cause I ve asked myself why many of you say it's impossible someone who was so much into life could do this, check it out:

It's not necessarily contradictory that someone who spent his life advocating positive thoughts kills herself. In Argentina many cases of priests that are child abusers have just turned up, and I say this to make my point that it's a common human reflex to force yourself to be the opposite of what you desire.

Positive thoughts: I had a friend who was always preaching about the importance of positive thinking, and how through that your life would improve. But in the time I saw him his father had died, his brother was run by a bus, he was shot in a leg, he lost his job, his girlfriend dumped him..But he insisted on this positive thought thing no matter what.

It's a defense mechanism, very poor people lacking resources are sometimes incredibly positive in the way they see things. Some people if they really saw themselves for a second, would have to kill themselves on the spot.

There are lot of geniouses that were very negative, and some commited suicide. I don't see the point of that either.

Rather than forcing yourself to think positive all the time, I would suggest that you DO lovely or interesting things for you and others.
    Source: Did Dale Carnegie commit suicide? (Off topic)

FUB Member
    Thanks

Rumors, you've got to be very careful with them. I remember once a rumor about William Hill. Someone said he died broke with nothing except debts. That is someone saying that. You just have to ignore some of these rumors and take whatever you can learn and run with it to success!

Thanks

HERE IS THE REAL STORY - THE TRUTH!

Dale Carnegie died at age 66, of a Hodgkin's lymphoma, complicated with uremia, on November 1, 1955, in Forest Hills, New York. He was laid to rest in the Belton cemetery, Cass County, Missouri, USA.

FUB Member
    Thanks

These controversial rumours are just aimed to get some attention.

New FUB Member
    Thanks

Dale Carnegie Facts

Dear Gents, I have read a book name how to stop worrying and start living and noticed there is no single name or reference of Islam whereas his all rules what he express are driven from Islam. Most of the rules he mentioned either are directly taken from Islamic thoughts or indirect but most of them are direct. As said millions ppl are following his rules and most of them are his fans how strange ppl don't know and are following Islamic thoughts and instructions. In my life no single wisdom saying i read but is available in Islam and whatever isn't in Islam later found invalid even was famous enough.

Now look around, all inventions, scientific facts, wisdom saying, quotes Everything is in Islam. Read Quran atleast you'll know what i'm saying about. All the best.

Suicide is strictly prohabitted in Islam and so he has mentioned in his book.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 835 Posts
    Some people in life get a permanent hard-on or sheer joy out of consciously or subconsciously wanting or needing to mess with other peoples lives. Personally, I think that they hate themselves so much with where they are at in life, that they just have to drag everyone else down. It's almost like a fixation to drag them down and make them out at their own low level. These are the type of schmucks I can't stand more than anything else. In Australia, we term this "The Tall Poppy Syndrome". People just have to take down successful people, because they are so childishly jealous. I read recently, how a new author on Amazon asked politely for people to post some reviews if they liked her Recipe book. Because that way, as you know, sales would certainly increase. Well, some 'asshole' wrote this, 'I hear that these type of recipes can be poisonous and can make you sick.' Then, of course, all of her sales just dropped away to nothing. See, it only takes some 'crazy' to start rumours or urban myths.
    <<<<< Please click the THANKS BUTTON if you feel that I have been helpful to you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aks View Post
    Dear Gents, I have read a book name how to stop worrying and start living
    I know it is your very first Post aks just above, but please note this as guidelines for this great Forum. Thanks for your observations aks on the book. However, and I'm being absolutely polite and respectful to you...It is very much appreciated that on this FUB Forum all references to any Religion are best not expressed on the forum. Indeed, even for anyone, of allowing it to become a vehicle for personal religious beliefs. This is why no-one else makes any reference to any material, product or program that could or does have any form whatsoever of religious belief or connotation. As I said we appreciate points of few being openly expressed, but to do so on a business and Medical based forum could very well open up a 'can of worms', so to speak. Thanks aks.
    Last edited by am264; 09-22-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    <<<<< Please click the THANKS BUTTON if you feel that I have been helpful to you.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to am264 For This Useful Post:

bringer (09-22-2013), premr1 (09-23-2013)

Thanks
    It is nice to see a post becomes live which i had started more than 3 years ago. It was only a rumor and not a fact. There is no point of bringing further debate.

Thank You

Banned: Thief, Liar and a Traitor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 693 Posts
    Actually I think Dale Carnegie is still alive.

I'm pretty sure I saw him in the Bahamas with Elvis.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcroe1090 View Post
    I read How to Win Friends and Influence people when I was 15 years old and it has helped me deal with people all my life. I think Dale was too into life to ever want to take his. I read the book at least once a year. Dale's a great guy!
    hey, same here, i read this book at least once a year to refresh me. someone i know told me that this was the first book he ever chose to read.